04 April 2012

This is why I hate dating...

I plan to write a blog soon to update how things are going and what I'm doing, but after talking to a few friends I had to share this email.

Below is a copy of a recent email conversation I had with a guy who asked for my number at the gym. There have been no edits to anything. Anything in [ ] is simply for clarification for the reader. Guys, take note of what NOT to do. 

His initial email:
Hey this [name edited]...how r u today punk
Sorry my facebook is ACTn up I don't know what's goin on..

My response:
That's alright. No worries. I've been busy at work all day anyway.

His response:
O okay so u actually do work a lil huh :) just teasen!
So u goin to the gym today.?look good workn out! How old r u?

My response:
Yes, I do work...actually part of my job is doing wheelchair basketball. It's great! 

I'm heading up there in a little bit. We have a double practice today to prep for tomorrow [Commander's Cup competition for our unit]. I'm 27. How old are you?

His response:
I'm 24 n o okay it sounds fun... I was thinkn bout goin up there to workout idk yet...I was thinkn we can b friends or something

My response:
I'm always down to make new friends. I just got here about 5 months ago, so I'm still in the process of meeting people. :)

His response:
It's nothin wrong with that... U should like it over here...so what kind of friends would u like to b with me :)
My response:
I definitely do like it over here. Germany is awesome!

I think that starting off as regular friends is the best way to start, and if it goes somewhere from there, so be it.

His response:
O okay I like that..so what do u like to do?
Btw I like ur smile.. :)
I hope u b able to get me to play tommorrow [in the Commander's Cup] I would love to help yol win lol

My response:
I saw you up there [in the stands] but we couldn't have you play. Sorry. 

I like to have fun and enjoy life. Workout, sing, eat, travel, etc...the usual.

His response:
o okay..n thats ok i figured they would make a big deal out of it..anyways..! so how did yoll do?
u look nice when u all dress up too punk,,, :) umm when can i see u again... ?

My response:
We ended up losing, but the guys  had fun and cheered on the company
that ended up winning the tournament, so it was a good day.

I'm sure we'll see each other at the gym. We won't be up there quite
as often as we have been lately since we're not practicing for the
tournament anymore, but we'll still be up there once or twice a week.

His response:
Ok that's cool..sorry you guys didn get the win..longs as they had fun...!
Umm so could I see u outside the gym one day if I don't catch u in there workn out..? Idk what we could do but I'm sure we could find something...

My response:
My schedule right now is really crazy because I'm doing show
performances and then have a lot of stuff for work coming up where I
have to travel. I'm also taking a class right now. It's hard to make
too many plans because of all of it.

His response:
Dang that is alot...u just a busy lil lady huh
Lol
Umm hopefully I catch u at the gym soon
N I can work u out..I can do that really good! :) 
I can do alot things to u..well once I c u I can show u better!


After that, I stopped responding for fear of what I might say. I took the passive-aggressive approach and haven't heard back from him. I haven't been to that gym many times since, not out of avoidance but out of convenience since there is a gym closer to where I work and live, but it could be interesting running in to him again.

I just had to share this email. There are so many things that went wrong for him, and if the males reading this aren't sure what they are, ask any female that reads it and she'll tell you. I knew from his initial email that I wasn't interested, but he is a fairly nice guy in person, so I figured I'd give him a chance. At least it makes for a good story...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no, no, no. That is just... NO. There are too many things wrong with this exchange -- grammar, spelling, and respect, for starters.

    STEER CLEAR of that "friendship" he is after.

    WOW. No, no, no. Have I said that enough yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally lame guy! I can't stand that shorthand type. It makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete