No one is perfect, least of all me. The perfectionist in me is driven crazy by that, but the realist understands that to make mistakes is to better oneself by the lessons learned from those mistakes.
In the past few weeks I've made a few significant mistakes. What those mistakes entail is inconsequential to anyone but myself and those involved in the given situations. However, they have taught me things that I will hopefully remember for much longer than the minute details of each situation. Hopefully you as a reader can learn something from my mistakes, too.
- I can be deceived more easily than I will readily admit at times.
- No matter how old I get, there is something so powerfully healing in a hug that it cannot be measured.
- Some things that are minor issues in my life may be much more impacting to someone else's life.
- Sometimes pride can be humbling.
- Numbers have a time and a place for relevancy.
- The brain's pleasure pathway (which is an actual scientific term) can disguise a lot of truths.
- It is harder to forgive myself for hurting someone than to forgive someone who has hurt me.
But, with all the discomfort of learning the lessons of the past few weeks, I wouldn't change how I got there. If we didn't make mistakes, our lives would be boring. If we don't learn from our mistakes, our lives are moot.
A friend of mine once wrote a verse, "Take a deep breath; breathe easy. Everything falls into place. The beauty of life is no matter how dirty things get, they can always get clean." I trust those words, and I am grateful for the wisdom to know that they are true.
No comments:
Post a Comment