~ When I was around 4 and 5 years old, I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up (although, I didn't realize until much later in life that that was the correct term, and I just said I wanted to be an archeologist).
~ I will not go into a completely dark bathroom because I am afraid that Bloody Mary will come out of the mirror.
~ I truly believe that in past lives it's possible that I was a ballerina and/or a hippy/civil rights activist.
~ My two favorite words in the English language are "fuck" and "bubble".
~ When I am around a rose, given a rose, smell a rose, etc, I get a feeling of peace and feel that God is watching me at that very moment. That's why it's my favorite flower.~ As a child, in order to keep me awake on car rides so that I would actually get to sleep that night, my mom would tell me that if I fell asleep on the drive, she would end up falling asleep while driving and we would crash. Because of that, I have a very difficult time falling asleep in the passenger seat while someone else is driving.
~ I have always wanted to name my first boy Matthias Joseph after my grandfather, and I would like to keep my middle name, Dixie, in the family as well.
~ I named my first cat Samantha after Jonathan Taylor Thomas' cat when I was around 10 or 11.
~ I have a learning disability. However, I absolutely refuse to ever use it as a crutch, and people are often surprised when they find out that I have it.
~ I didn't start carrying a purse until I graduated college.
~ I wore the same dress for high school, undergrad, and grad school graduation.
~ My natural sanctuary is by a large body of water - preferably the ocean, but a lake will do. However, I usually do not enjoy swimming.
~ I pride myself on the fact that I don't have a caffeine addiction.
~ I think eating cheese plain or "raw" is disgusting, but I love cheese if it's melted or cooked in a meal.
~ When I sleep, even if it's for a nap, I have to have something like a blanket or a pillow covering my hips and butt. The rest of my body can be exposed, but for some reason, I have a hard time sleeping if that area is not covered.
~ I didn't learn to drive a stick shift until I moved to Germany.
~ If something is out of symmetry, it drives me up the wall. But, if it's clearly an organized lack of symmetry, I'm ok with it.
So, now you know a little more about me. What don't I know about you?



I'm so in love with all of the "If You Really Knew Me" posts! :-) I learned a lot from your list, but I'm not surprised by any of it. At all. Fuck. Bubble.
ReplyDeleteI love you, Dixie girl!