I decided to do #15 in How To Be An Explorer Of The World yesterday. Once again, this may not seem like the most exciting of explorations, but it did bring to light that we are all consumers and none of us probably realize just how much we consume on an average day. I'm not only talking about eating, I'm talking about everything that we do that uses some sort of resource to either diminishes it or makes it disappear. I definitely didn't realize just how much of a consumer I am on just a regular old Saturday. Here is a list of all that I consumed yesterday:
the battery on my computer
the battery on my phone
electricity for light in almost every room of my house
ink to write things down
1 glass of chocolate milk
toothpaste (x2 toothbrushes)
deodorant (2 applications)
oil to heat my house
electricity to charge my computer
about 50 oz of water to drink
glass cleaner to clean the bathroom mirror
several paper towels to clean the bathroom and a mess from the cat
toilet bowl cleaner
cleaning spray on the sink
multiple tissues
water for cleaning purposes (shower, hands, bathroom , dishes)
hand soap
cat food
cat litter
water for the cats
lip balm (x3 applications)
body spray (2 squirts)
electricity for the treadmill at the gym
2 gym wipes
HR monitor battery
watch battery
Clif bar
spa socks and a box of chocolates (Christmas gifts)
body wash (1 application)
shampoo (1 application)
conditioner (1 application)
mousse (1 application)
shaving cream (2 squirts)
lotion
gas to drive about 140 kilometers
2000 IUs of Vitamin D
approx. half a roll of toilet paper
Nature's Miracle cleaning spray
hand sanitizer
electricity for the stove
bowl of chili
two styrofoam bowls
electricity for the fridge
dish soap (1 squirt)
eyeliner (1 application)
mascara (1 application)
perfume (3 sprays)
gas to and from Nürnberg (I carpooled for that one, though)
movie theater ticket
kettle corn
2 cotton balls
5 q-tips
facial astringent
1 flosser
Frikadelle (German meatloaf - SO good) and bun
chocolate covered bananas and strawberries on a stick
Nutella crepe
3 sheets of paper in my notebook
I know that most of you don't care about everything that I consumed in an entire day, but I found it really interesting. I consider myself a pretty simple person and not one that consumes an extraordinary amount, so I was actually quite surprised to realize that my list took up more than two full pages of my notebook.
Many of the explorations that I will be completing will include pictures and stories, but I'm getting my feet wet. Some of them will bring me out of my comfort zone, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I will continue to post them and hopefully inspire everyone reading this to look at the world and how you live in it a little bit differently.
Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment